Applications for the 2015 Wine Program Excellence Awards are now closed.Wine Program Excellence Awards
ABOUT THE AWARDS
Our mission is to reward restaurateurs who make the effort to produce an original and creative wine program. A successful wine program should offer consumers a well-selected choice of wines that harmonize with the food. The program should also encourage all staff to have significant wine knowledge that they can share comfortably with diners.
We believe a good wine list brings in customers. A great wine program in a restaurant encourages customers to come back for more - more choices, and more delightful and memorable experiences.
Our awards fall into five categories: Platinum, Gold, Silver, Bronze and Honourable Mention.
All entrants receive one ticket to each of the following Friday, February 27 Trade events ($120 value)
- Celebrating Excellence: 12th Annual Awards Lunch featuring Award-winning Australian Wines
- Trade Tasting with Buyers Hour (1:30 p.m. start)
*New this year* Enter by end of day November 17 (5 p.m.) and receive an additional free Friday Trade Tasting with Buyers Hour ticket (1:30 p.m. start)
All submissions are carefully reviewed and critiqued by a panel of wine judges, who donate many hours of their time as consultants.
All winners receive:
Restaurateurs must complete the following by November 30, 2014:
- Recognition and an award at the 12th Annual Awards Lunch
- The opportunity to pre-buy additional Trade Days events
- Online listing at VanWineFest.ca
- Publication in Vancouver Magazine Eating & Dining Guide and The Vancouver Sun
- Self-promotion of a VanWineFest award-winning wine list on your restaurant's website, wine list and menu
- Inclusion in awards press release and publicity pieces
Our professional judges consider the philosophy behind your wine program and how successfully your wine & food pairing goals match that philosophy. They look for your efforts in training all serving staff on your wine program. They also consider the patron experience. Is your wine list easy to understand? Does it look clean and professional? Is it free of grammatical and spelling errors?
Finally, do the wines on your list offer real value and encourage consumers to try new wines?
- Complete our Online Application
- Tell us your wine philosophy, describe your staff education program, and provide copies of your current wine list and dinner menu, all in PDF format. Send to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pay the non-refundable entry fee of $135
HOW TO ENTER...
Applications for the 2015 Wine Program Excellence Awards are open November 1-30, 2014.
For further information please
participating in the Wine List Awards in 2007, the event has provided us
excellent opportunities to focus on our wine service and food pairing. The best
part is seeing the burgeoning interest and enthusiasm for wine from all of our
staff. It has buoyed many of them to
further their education in wine. We
have received many positive comments from our guests in light of our
participation, as they all know the Vancouver International Wine Festival is
one of the largest wine events in Canada. “ Iori Kataoka,
Zest Japanese Cuisine