Registration for 2014 is now closed.ABOUT THE COMPETITION
Our mission is to reward restaurateurs who make the effort to produce an an original and creative wine program. A successful wine program should offer consumers a well-selected choice of wines that sing with your cuisine. Wine knowledge needs to be shared with all servers, so they are comfortable communicating with diners.
We believe a good wine list brings in customers. A great wine program in a restaurant encourages customers to come back for more - more choices, and more delightful and memorable experiences.
Our awards fall into five categories: Platinum, Gold, Silver, Bronze and Honourable Mention.
All entrants receive one ticket to each of the following Friday, February 28 Trade events ($120 value)
As well, all participating restaurants receive careful consideration of their wine program by some of the finest, most professional judges in Western Canada, who donate their time as consultants. What a bargain!
All winners receive:
- Celebrating Excellence: 11th Annual Awards Lunch featuring Rhone Valley Wines
- Trade Tasting with Buyers Hour (1:30 pm start)
Restaurateurs must complete the following by November 30, 2013:
- Recognition and an award at the 11th Annual Awards Lunch
- The opportunity to pre-buy additional Trade Days events
- Online listing at www.vanwinefest.ca
- Publication in Vancouver Magazine Eating & Dining Guide and Vancouver Sun
- Self-promotion of a VanWineFest award-winning wine list on your restaurant's website, wine list and menu
- Inclusion in awards press release and publicity pieces
Our professional judges consider the philosophy behind your wine program and how successfully your wine & food pairing goals match that philosophy.
They look for your efforts in training all serving staff on your wine program.
They also consider the patron experience. Is your wine list easy to understand? Does it look clean and professional? Is it free of grammatical and spelling errors?
Finally, does your wine list offer real value and encourage consumers to try new wines?
- Complete our Online Application
- Tell us your wine philosophy, describe your staff education program, and provide copies of your current wine list and dinner menu, all in PDF format
- Pay the non-refundable entry fee of $125 (unchanged since 2009!)
HOW TO ENTER...
Applications for the 2014 Wine List Awards Competition are open November 1-30, 2013.
For further information please
Wine List Awards
Sponsor Celebrating Excellence
"A big thanks first off for awarding us with the silver! We work really hard to make our modest wine list an amazing one and the feedback from the judges was great. We have started back up the staff wine tasting program and are excited to go for gold next year."
Graham Meckling, Stage Wine Bar, Victoria