The Vancouver International Wine Festival agrees to the following:
• Volunteers will receive one tasting room ticket for a minimum of 10 hours of volunteer work. (Two event shifts of 5 hours).
• Volunteers to have access to beverages and snacks immediately before, during and immediately after their shift.
• Volunteers will receive respectful treatment from staff and other volunteers. If the volunteer does not receive respectful treatment from anyone it is their right to call a staff member, volunteer captain or board member for assistance.
The Volunteer agrees to the following:
• All volunteers will complete and submit a Volunteer Application form (on-line preferred).
• All volunteers will attend the volunteer orientation meetings prior to the Festival.
• All volunteers will be respectful of other volunteers, patrons and staff of the Festival.
• All volunteers will become familiar with their volunteer duties, as well as familiar with the site for commonly asked questions (washrooms, taxi stand, etc...), and carry them out to the best of their ability.
• Volunteers understand there is zero tolerance for consumption of wine / alcohol during their volunteer shifts or immediately prior to their shifts.
• All volunteers will check into the Volunteer Lounge 15 minutes prior to their shift.
• All volunteers will complete their assigned shifts by showing up on time and staying the required shift time.
• All volunteers will wear the requested black pants and white tops with the exception of the Event Hosts who are requested to dress in business attire.